REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN SOON
FOR THE AAU HOOP: SARATOGA YOUTH BASKETBALL ONLINE TRAINING SERIES!
TO REGISTER CLICK THE "10 WEEK ONLINE TRAINING SERIES" PHOTO ABOVE
*For Spring League info scroll down
- For more information about the format of the Online Training Series please read below. Please click "Videos" in the Main Tab section to watch the two sample 30 minute training videos.
- The Basketball Online Training series begins the week of March 30th and runs until June 5th.
- Parents who register their child will receive access to 2 separate 30 minute instructional videos per week (a total of 20 unique videos!) Each video will feature a plethora of fundamental drills specifically designed for the grade levels K/1/2/3 or the grade levels 4/5/6/7/8. The instructor will be teaching the fundamental basketball drills and also making corrections to the players in the video to provide maximum feedback and to find teachable moments. This will enhance the learning experience for the children who are watching the video and who are performing the drills themselves.
- You do not need a basketball hoop to participate in the online training series. You only need a basketball and a place to do the drills i.e., driveway, garage or basement area, etc. If you have a basketball hoop that is fine, of course, but it is not necessary.
- The online training series can be viewed on a phone, tablet or computer.
- Parents will go to the Main Tab area on this website and click "Videos" to access the basketball instruction which will be added to that page on a weekly basis for a total of 10 weeks.
- Every week parents will be sent an email notification that a new video is online and they will be given a unique password so they can access it. All the videos will remain online until mid-June.
The basketball instructor for the online series will be Todd Birmingham. Todd has coached in the Capital District Girls Basketball League (CDGBL) program the last 6 years. The group of players he had from Grade 4 through 8 were fortunate to make the Championship in 3 of those years going 23-0 in 2017. He has also coached AAU Basketball during that time period as well. Todd was a 1st team All-State high school basketball player and 1,000 pt. scorer at Watervliet H.S. winning the State and Federation Tournament (28-0) where he was named MVP after shooting 19-19 from the foul line in the Championship which is still an all-time record. He turned down a Division 2 basketball scholarship at Eckerd College in favor of majoring in his desired program going on to compete as a varsity player at Ithaca College.
If you have any questions or want to get on the email list please send correspondence to the gmail account below:
*Parents who have previously registered their child for the Spring League will receive more information through email about their options. We are no longer accepting new registrations for the Spring League. If we are able to use the gym again for the Spring league we will continue with the basketball schedule which is listed online and which can be accessed by clicking "Schedule" in the main tab area.